5 MUST DO’S BEFORE YOU START PLANNING & MONITORING MPA DASHBOARDS
The main purpose of marketing is to generate new sales and make existing sales transitions sustainable. Marketing performance analytics measures this relationship between marketing and sales targets and helps you see the impact of marketing on the overall business goals. However, before you can delve into the world of MPA and how the MADTRIX Dashboard can change your outlook on marketing you need to keep a few things in mind.
Having an overarching strategy for marketing and sales is pertinent. Unfortunately, quite often marketing and sales plans operate separately. The most important part of MPA and how it benefits your company depends on the alignment between marketing and sales targets. So, it is of utmost importance that you understand and create an alignment between how marketing is affecting sales and revenue.
Before you start planning and monitoring MPA Dashboards here is a list of things you need to keep in mind:
- Outline uniform marketing and sales goals for the company
- Have a clear understanding of what you want marketing to deliver and how you see it impacting sales
- Create realistic the alignment between marketing and sales targets
- Create or update marketing priorities based on your sales target
- Turn marketing priorities into measurable goals e.g. create monthly/quarterly targets
Limitations commonly faced by marketers:
- Quite often marketing personnel don’t have clear visibility of what the sales targets are
- Sales and revenue figures may not be easily accessible which makes it difficult to report MPA
- All marketing is not easily measurable e.g. sponsorship, branding, some offline marketing activities
- Scattered or archaic databases which make it difficult to extract data when required or create integration
- Not having an overarching strategy for marketing and sales.
Here’s a link to the MADTRIX Demo page, check it out for yourself – CLICK HERE
Author: Amelia Dash
A bit about me. I’m the Marketing Technologist at MADTRIX. My background is in digital marketing and I’ve continued my passion by embarking my PhD thesis on online consumer psychology. Working in Australia, China and now Finland I’ve acquired a pool of knowledge about digital marketing.
If you want to speak directly to me, you can find me on LinkedIn