TO-DO LIST FOR A KILLER LEAD GENERATION AND MANAGEMENT PROCESS
In this blog, I’ve listed jobs marketing and sales need to do. Or what “smarketing”, as we like to call it, needs to do. I hope you recognize these. And do not mix these with your goals. Whether you’re a CMO, CSO, CEO or a marketing professional you need to read this.
Jobs to be done:
- Sales, Marketing, Customer Service and Product Alignment
- Marketing Automation and CRM Integration
- Lead Generation
- Inbound marketing—blogging, social media updates, social media engagement, SEO, content (eBooks, infographics, videos, webinars), call-to-action, landing pages
- Demand generation—paid search (PPC), social media ads, banner ads, native ads, email marketing, direct mail, print ads, media ads, tradeshows, speaking engagements, personal networking
- Lead Intelligence Gathering
- Lead Segmentation
- Lead Scoring
- Lead Nurturing
- Transfer and Assign Leads to the Sales Team
- Sales Nurturing; Closing deals; and Customer Service
- Analytics and Reporting
In this blog, I would like to bring your attention to no.3. Not to say that it is the most important, but to ask how you manage this as a part of your daily task?
There are a variety of tools that help companies launch and operate lead generation actions. But we have noticed a pain, a serious pain, with our customers and other companies – they lack a way to lead and manage this process. Lead generation requires investments but how do you know the ROI of these investments? And getting back to the goals, how do you know if you are achieving your goals? Do you have clear KPIs?
Lead generation should be the most important metrics on your analytics and reporting (no.10). It can be done quite easily.
As a sales and marketing professional, you need to understand what is happening in no.3. To be able to run efficient processes you either need to gather insight from multiple sources or rely on gut your feeling and past experiences. What if I told you that there is a simpler way to create a holistic view of no.3? Would you be interested? Would you like to know the effectiveness of your actions and improve the quality of the rest of your tasks? There is a way – Avarea Analytics for Marketing. Your no.10!
Author: Marika Uimonen
A bit about me. I’m a Business Development Manager here at Avarea Analytics for Marketing, with over 10 years’ experience in product management and pre-sales I’m passionate about my field of work.
To contact me directly email firstname.lastname@example.org