What does a Marketing Performance Analytics (MPA) Dashboard give you that a marketing metric dashboard doesn’t?
Most marketing analytics dashboards will show you marketing metrics in an easy to understand display. A Marketing Performance Analytics (MPA) Platform measures your marketing activities against your set business goals showing you the true impact of marketing in your business.
- Quality Visits vs Sessions: Quality visits = Total Sessions – Bounces
This allows you to see the actual number of visitors that saw the content on your website. Visitors may come and leave so quickly that they aren’t even aware of what your website is about. Quality visitors are those who came to your site and actually spent time or did some kind of action like click on a link, viewed a video, etc.
- Results vs Clicks: The goals you set up in Google Analytics, Google AdWords and Facebook Business Manager are how you should be tracking if your advertising campaigns are successful or not. Clicks are important, but people may click on your ad and leave without doing any action. However, goals show that your campaign achieved what you set out to achieve in the first place.
- Cost per 1000 impressions: Cost per 1000 impression gives you a good indication of how much it is costing you to be visible on digital channels.
- Channel-specific results and cost: Your digital marketing spend is spread across several channels and it’s always a challenge to figure out how to allocate your budget and which channels give you the best result. Especially as all channels have their own metrics. A good MPA dashboard allows you to compare the channels on a unanimous metric. This makes it easy for you to compare the results, understand the effectiveness of the channel and make future marketing spend decisions.
- Channel comparison: With paid advertising available on most social media channels and digital platforms, it has become vital that managers are able to compare the effectiveness of each channel. An MPA dashboard will show you the comparison between spend, channel performance and give you predictive channel trends.
Author: Amelia Dash
A bit about me. I’m the Marketing Technologist at MADTRIX. My background is in digital marketing and I’ve continued my passion by embarking on my Ph.D. thesis on online consumer psychology. Working in Australia, China and now Finland I’ve acquired a pool of knowledge about digital marketing.
If you want to speak directly to me, you can find me on LinkedIn